Terms and Conditions of rental of Chuain Mhaire, 1 Glenderry, Ballyheigue, Co Kerry
- A booking deposit of €200 is required to reserve the accommodation; this can be made through the online booking service. The balance of rental is payable two weeks before arrival. This can be paid by cheque, credit card or PayPal. Confirmation will be issued on receipt of deposit and final directions and instructions will be sent on receipt of final payment. Failure to pay by due date will result in loss of booking.
- Notice of cancellation must be in writing. The following charges will then apply:
Within four weeks of arrival Booking deposit
Within two weeks of arrival 100% total cost
- The cottage you are renting is fitted with Gold Shield Electric Heating and Lighting, the charges for electricity used on readings will be payable to the Owner/ Supervisor. The meter will be read on arrival and departure and the charges made for consumption as follows- Day Rate €0.1989 per unit, Night Rate €0.0984 per unit.
- The house is equipped with a solid fuel stove. A fuel, power & starter pack for the fire is included at no extra charge. Coal can be purchased locally for a charge of approx €17.70 per bag. Care must be taken when opening the door or altering the dampers of the stove; the tool supplied should always be used for this purpose.
- Clients responsibilities; you must look after the property. This means you must keep all the furniture fittings and effects (inside and outside the property) in the same state and condition as at the start of the rental. You must leave the property in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which you found it. If you break these conditions the owner can make an additional cleaning charge and/or make a claim against you for the repair or loss as a result of damage.
- A security deposit of €100 must be given to the Owner/Supervisor on arrival. This will be returned to you on departure provided the Owner/Supervisor is satisfied that the terms of the rental have been complied with. In the event where this check cannot be carried out before departure, the security deposit balance will be forwarded to the client within 7 working days by post in Euro currency.
- Rental of the property may be terminated with no refund at the discretions of the Owner/ Supervisor if the client/occupiers behave in a disruptive manner, cause a nuisance or disturbance, cause damage to the property, or in any other circumstances deemed unreasonable by the Owner/Supervisor.
- On the expiry or other termination of rental the Owner/Supervisor may remove all belongings of the client/occupiers left on the property and store or otherwise deal with the same as deemed appropriate. Notwithstanding the aforesaid, the sole risk in respect of such belongings shall at all times remain with the client/occupiers.
- Possession of the cottage must be taken between 16.00 hrs and 18.00 hrs and vacated by 10.00am on the day of departure. It is recommended that the clients/occupiers phone and confirm the exact time of their arrival in advance on mobile 00353+858103136
- The Owner is not responsible for the loss of any valuables of property left in the cottage during the stay or on departure; if an item has to be posted on to the client the cost of postage will need to be met.
- The Owner/Supervisor may at all reasonable times visit the cottage during the stay and on departure.
- The maximum number of persons occupying the cottage must not exceed 6, without the express permission of the Owner/Supervisor.
- Please fill out the comments card, or write to the Owner with your comments. Your comments will be appreciated and will be used to ensure your expectations have been met.
- Smoking and Pets are not allowed.
- The (green) information folder with operating details of all the appliances in the cottage is in the drawer in the writing desk. It is recommended that these be read by the client/occupiers, should a problem arise, please contact the Owner/Supervisor.
- The timer for the hot water is pre-set by the Electricity Supply Board (ESB) and should not be tampered with, as it is set to avail of the cheaper electricity supply at night. If there is a problem, contact the Owner/Supervisor.